2. That guy Morrow was about as sensitive as a goddam toilet seat.
3. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them.
4. There isn't any night club in the world you can sit in for a long time unless you can at least buy some liquor and get drunk. Or unless you're with some girl that really knocks you out.
6. You never even worried, with Jane, whether your hand was sweaty or not. All you knew was, you were happy. You really were.
8. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.
10. ...lots of time you don't know what interests you most till you start taking about something that doesn't interest you most.
11. (Wilhelm Stekel) The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
12. "I think that one of these days," he said, "you're going to have to find out where you want to go. And then you've got to start going there. But immediately. You can't afford to lose a minute. Not you."
14. I mean how do you know what you're going to do till you do it? The answer is, you don't.